Submitting to the Festival
The Kansas International Film Festival brings the best to the Midwest. We are now accepting entries for our 2015 festival. We seek socially conscious TV or feature length documentaries for our THINK! competition and independent feature length narrative films seeking exposure and distribution.
- Filmmakers interested in submitting a film for consideration to the festival should follow our link to Withoutabox.com.
- Please include Exhibition format preview screening copy (2 copies) and a Synopsis when mailing in your entry. Carefully label all preview tapes or DVDs with your name, film title, running time. Screeners will not be returned.
- Be aware of deadlines! Save money, submit early!
Early Bird Deadline – March 28th
Regular Deadline – April 28th
Late Deadline – May 28th
WAB Extended Deadline –June 28th. Entries must be submitted through Withoutabox after May 28th. Please be advised that each deadline has its own submission entry fee. We will not screen films that have previously screened in the Kansas City area. You may submit your film on DVD or Blu-Ray for review. If accepted into the festival, films must be available on Blu-Ray.
- Send entry materials (postmarked no later than May 28) to:
Kansas International Film Festival
Attn: Glenwood Arts Theatre
3859 W. 95th St.
Overland Park, KS 66206
- Early Bird Deadline – March 28th
- Regular Deadline – April 28th
- Late Deadline – May 28th
- Extended Deadline – June 28th
Please be advised that each deadline has its own submission entry fee. We will not screen films that have previously screened in the Kansas City area. You may submit your film on DVD or online for review. If accepted into the festival, films must be available on DVD (Blu-Ray Preferred).
- $30 per entry by March 28th (early bird deadline)
- $40 per entry by April 28th (regular deadline)
- $50 per entry by May 28th (late deadline)
- $75 per entry by June 28th (WAB extended deadline)
These fees are nonrefundable. Discounted fees apply for Without A Box upgraded projects and for entry fees greater than $15.
Feature Films: Narrative, Documentary & Experimental.
Festival exhibition format is Blu-Ray
Filmmakers will be notified via email about film acceptance/rejection no later than September 15, 2015.
Participation in the Kansas International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of festival regulations.
Terms of Agreement
- The number, times, dates and locations of screenings of films are at the discretion of the Kansas International
- The film supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Festival. Upon request, the Festival will return the film, postage prepaid (Domestic USA) to the address provided by the supplier on the final acceptance contract. If you have a change of address, please contact us immediately to assure the safe return of your film.
- The Kansas International Film Festival provides insurance for loss or damage up to a maximum value of $200 or the cost of replacement (whichever is less).
- The Kansas International Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize a clip not to exceed 90 seconds in length from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands, and accepts these requirements and regulations.
Entrants shall indemnify and hold harmless, the Kansas International Film Festival and Photoplay, Inc. from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fee, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.